Wednesday 14 April 2010

Recent Continental Loco News


Slightly old news now, but I have heard from a number of sources that the massive 'Kriegslok' (War Locomotive) 2-10-0 has been sold and is due to move from the railway. It's an impressive machine, but as it is really far too big for the railway's requirements, it was unlikely to have much of a future at the NVR.

Polish tank 5485 has progressed further since the static steam test pictured on this blog, this week it has made some test runs.

Sadly it looks as though I am unable to spare any time to visit the railway this week, so don't expect any blog updates for a week or two! I am planning to visit as a passenger for the S&D event on 25th April (I hope lots of you are able to attend...), so my next update is likely to be around then.