I painted the station end of B759852 today, so it now looks very presentable from anywhere on the station. Although less so when viewing the other end when passing on the train! I will do the headstock/buffers at some point when I feel like it.
I am only planning on doing the public sides for the moment, the lettering and tunnel end needs to be done next, whenever that might be.
A useful 'before and after' type shot as B759852 looked exactly like this last year.
Tim's incredible rebuild of BR brake van B953944 from an empty chassis is very nearly complete - the top coats are now beginning to go on this brand new body.
Similar view of the other side. Only a few weeks away now!
After painting the end of B759852, I spent a little time stripping some more paint off the Esso tank No.1914. The first 'Esso' logo is now completely obliterated!
I didn't get very far however as I had to pack up and head for home a little earlier than expected. Hopefully I can make some progress on it next week as I am itching to get primer and undercoat on this section of the tank.
Viewed from the footbridge, another day or so worth of work is required to take the remaining paint off this section (on the side facing away from the camera).